Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The monster you created has returned... to kill you!


God of War 3 is out and I'm playing it. So far it's pretty good but I think it is supposed to get better a little further in than I currently am.

Cool things so far:
-Kratos is perhaps even more angry this time around if that's even possible?
-Controls are tight and responsive. The quick time events (where you press the button on screen) are better now because they show up on the side of the screen according to where the button on the controller is so you can watch the action better.
-Cool story so far. I'm guessing in addition to killing the greek gods I'll be taking out the titans too since I was just betrayed by them. Kratos gets betrayed by everyone in these games sheesh, trusting guy.
-The sense of scale is incredible. The titans really are gigantic and there have never been any bigger "things" in a video game before really.

Not so cool so far:
-A couple of the larger fights, such as Poseidon were more straight forward than I was expecting which was a little disappointing.
-Graphics are good but I thought they would do a little bit better.

That being said I think it's pretty awesome and I hope that this is a satisfying end for the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment